v0.0.15 Jan. 13, 2018
Improved Music Mode
The music mode has been redesigned to:
- Be able to toggle display of album arts.
- Support key bindings.
- Have separate buttons to close window or return to normal mode.
A lot of bugs related to Music Mode have been fixed.
Command Line Tool
Finally, the command line tool for IINA is here. To enable it, simply add a symlink to
/Applications/IINA.app/Contents/MacOS/iina-cli in your
ln -s /Applications/IINA.app/Contents/MacOS/iina-cli ~/bin/iina
iina --help for usage.
IINA now uses the modern MediaPlayer Framework for system-wide media control. This includes:
- Fix of all media key related bugs in previous versions.
- Support for other media control commands, such as AirPods and Bluetooth headsets.
- Media control will presist in the Touch Bar Control Strip.
- Support for the Now Playing widget.
The MediaPlayer Framework only works in macOS 10.13+. On earlier system versions, it will fallback to the old mpv media key handling mechanism.
- Added options to pause/resume the media when:
- Minimized/un-minimized window
- Window became inactive/active
- Left/entered full screen.
- Added an option to display time and battery information in full screen.
- Added options to control the initial window size and position.
- Added options to control when and how to resize window to fit the video
Saved Filters and New Filter Presets
- Now users are able to save added filters for later use.
- Users can now assign shortcut keys to a saved filter, to toggle a filter on/off quickly.
- Added 3D LUT as a video filter preset; when a 3D LUT file is drag&dropped into the window, will be loaded automatically.
Revised Key Binding System
All menu items are now linked to (mpvdkey bindings (Preferences - Key Bindings). Therefore, users are given full control of menu shortcuts. To change the shortcut for a menu item, just edit the corresponding key binding in Preferences. If there are more than one corresponding key bindings, the first one will be used.
- We changed and removed some default key bindings. If you prefer the previous key bindings, edit them in Preferences.
- Updated VLC and Movist key bindings.
- Redesigned the Key Binding tab of Preferences.
- Added "Open in IINA" in context menu when right-clicked a link.
- Added haptic feedback when dragging OSC for Force Touch enabled trackpads.
- Accept ISO639-1 codes for settings that requires language codes.
- Other minor improvements are not documented.
- Fixed ESC key not working in legacy full screen.
- Fixed animation missing when exiting full screen by clicking the traffic light button.
- Fixed wrong window size when switched media in full screen.
- Fixed controls in sidebar not being updated under some circumstances.
- Fixed a bug where the window could be resized to small size and crops OSC.
- Fixed a bug where subtitles cannot be reloaded.
- Fixed a crash when loading online subtitles.
- Other minor fixes are not documented.
v0.0.14.1 Oct. 25, 2017
This build fixed some critical issues in previous versions. All users are recommended to upgrade to this version.
- Crash when seeking (fastforwarding) on some devices.
- Crash on launch encountered by some El Capitan / High Sierra users.
- No video in full screen encountered by some El Capitan / High Sierra users.
- Crash when trying to enter interactive mode (crop/delogo) while in legacy full screen.
- IINA alerts "nothing to play" for uncommon file types.
- The option "Enter full screen when launched" conflicting with music mode.
- Some issues related to thumbnail generating that could lead to incorrect thumbnails.
- Fixed some logic blacking out other screens.
It also contains some other improvements:
- Upgraded the built-in FFmpeg to the latest version, which supports HEVC hardware decoding on applicable devices.
- Enhanced full screen animation which is smoother than ever.
- Adjusted some default options: use keyframe seek for left/right buttons; disable Apple Remote support
v0.0.13 Oct. 15, 2017
Please check http://www.iina.io/release-note/0.0.13.html for release notes.
v0.0.12 July 17, 2017
Please check http://www.iina.io/release-note/0.0.12.html for release notes.
v0.0.11 June 6, 2017
Switch to Sparkle!
- As IINA is being stable, we switched to the Sparkle framework, which brings all features you'll need for auto updating.
Other important updates
- Fixed several crashes introduced by auto loading feature in 0.0.10.
- Improved precision when auto matching subtitles.
- Improved the appearance of Touch Bar slider.
v0.0.10 June 3, 2017
- Unlimited playback history (Shift+Cmd+H)
- Group by date or media folder
- Added an option to show all played files in "Open Recent" menu
Touch Bar Enhancement
- Redesigned Touch Bar slider
- Able to show remaining time in Touch Bar
- Fix: play/pause button in Touch Bar not refreshing
- Fix: UI glitches when dragging Touch Bar slider
auto_load.lua has caused various problems. We used our own logic starting from 0.0.10.
- Fix incorrect behaviors of auto loading
- Sort playlist items by natural order
- Able to adjust playlist panel width
- Fold same prefixes in filenames automatically
- Able to assign subtitles to playlist items (like Movist)
- Able to set subtitle search path, supporting wildcards
- Match subtitles automatically and intelligently for all playlist items
- All subtitles found in search paths are available for quick switching in side panel
- Added a button for searching online subtitles in side panel
- Made the App fully localizable
- Added missing localization for almost all languages
- Added Turkish and Russian
- Able to remember position of on screen controller (OSC)
- Supporting drag-and-dropping urls into dock icon
- Improved the appearance of about window
- Added OSD for empty tracks
- Added support for
- Other unlisted impeovements
- Fix: support for uppercased key code
- Fix: number formatting problems in side bar
- Fix: open file panel not responding when cannot load external subtitles
- Fix: pinch gesture available in full screen
- Other bug fixes
v0.0.9 May. 8, 2017
This version is a hotfix of following critical bugs:
- Crash when changing key bindings.
- If you have encountered such problem, even if you installed 0.0.9, please also find the config file you were trying to modify in
~/Library/Application Support/com.colliderli.iina/input_conf/, and delete the corrupted line, which only contains a key code without corresponding action.
- If you have encountered such problem, even if you installed 0.0.9, please also find the config file you were trying to modify in
- Crash when buffering in Traditional Chinese environment.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
v0.0.8 May. 3, 2017
- OSC layout: Now IINA supports three layouts for On Screen Controller
- New key bindings system:
- Support binding keys to native IINA commands, like search online subtitles, enter PIP, flip/mirror, delete current file, etc.
- Key bindings can be changed dynamically without restarting the App
- IINA will only consume key events that bound to actions
- New OSD:
- Add more OSD types, like displaying filename on start, OSD for track changes and seeking, etc.
- Display more information in OSD
- Support blacking out other screens when entered full screen
- Support setting itself as the default App for all file types it supports (Menu > Help)
- Update mpv to 0.25.0
- Update youtube-dl to the latest version
- Japanese translation
- Fix the logic for floating on top
- Now panels won't be covered by video window
- Cancel floaing on top when paused (if "always float on top" is on)
- Draggable window when not focused
- Adjusted default key bindings
- Check update every 12 hours
- Fix: Crash when exit
- Fix: Crash when performing pinch gesture on 10.10-10.11
- Fix: Blocks system sleep in some rare cases when paused
- Fix: Incorrect aspect ratio for some videos with non-square pixels
- Fix: Fail to play when url contains '%'
- Fix: Cmd+0/1/2 behavior when uses logical resolution
- Fix: Various layout problem in some languages
- Other bug fixes
v0.0.7 Mar. 28, 2017
IINA's wiki is now under construction: https://github.com/lhc70000/iina/wiki. You may find some helps on common issues like youtube-dl or downloading online subtitles.
- Add support for OpenSubtitles
- Please set "Subtitle source" to "opensubtitles.org"
- Please read https://github.com/lhc70000/iina/wiki/Download-Online-Subtitles#opensubtitles for detailed usage.
- Auto complete for subtitle language settings
- Display document icon in titlebar
- Right click titlebar to show path menu
- More gesture controls：
- Customizing vertical and horizontal scrolling actions
- Setting sensitivity for volume (and seek)
- Support pinch gesture (to zoom window or toggle fullscreen)
- Optimize for mouses that don't support precise scrolling
- Human readable key binding settings, doesn't require knowledge on mpv command
- Improved open URL dialog, add GUI for HTTP authentication
- Support url containing spaces / lacking protocol
- Support mpv's
- Support Apple Remote
- Fix prevent/allow sleep not working when pause/resume by right click
- Fix standard buttons (traffic lights) may be disabled after opening new files (in build 15)
- Fix wrong aspect ratio when playing some portrait videos recorded by mobile devices
- Fix "saving downloaded sub" always saves the last subtitle
- Fix the logic of whether resetting speed to normal when paused
- Fix hanging when using some custom mpv.conf
- Fix audio language preference not work
- Other bug fixes
- Now shortcuts for sidebar (Cmd+A/V/S/P/C) will switch to panel/tab directly
- Set default UI auto hide time to 2.5s (5s in previous version)
- Ignore hidden files when adding files into playlist
- Better synchronization of sliders and text fields (for play speed, sub/audio delay)
- Update "About" window
- Allow decimal numbers for sub settings, like border, shadow
- Change default screenshot folder to "~/Pictures/Screenshots"
- Polish translation
- Other enhancements
v0.0.6 Feb. 22, 2017
This version mainly fixed the following critical bug:
- Crash / window flash / window close unexpectly on launch
It also includes some other updates:
- Fixed window size unless open file manually
- New inspector
- Support HTTP proxy
- Support custom youtube-dl path
- Fix crash / incorrect sub filename when download subtitles, if video name contains non-ASCII characters
- Update youtube-dl to 2017.2.17
- Update mpv to 0.24.0
- Allow volume > 100 when increasing volume by menu action
- Fix crash when showing buffer indicator for zh-Hant, Fr
- Don't check error when add filters, since most filters are not working when enabled hardware decode.
v0.0.5 Feb. 14, 2017
- Add support for youtube-dl, which enables video streaming from YouTube and hundreds of other websites
- Add prefernce for youtube-dl
- Add Chrome/Safari extension to open curent webpage in IINA: Chrome, Safari
- Support dragging URL/text in window to open
- Add option for whether auto creating playlist
- Add option for whether auto playing next playlist item
- Support multiple selection
- Support reorder playlist items
- Support dragging file into any position in playlist
- Add context menu for playlist items, including
- Play next, remove
- Delete file, reveal in Finder
- Add new items, clear playlist
- Support playlist loop
- Support shuffle (this will only reorder the playlist randomly)
- Support saving current playlist to m3u8 file
*Double clicking a playlist item to play
- Add Picture-in-Picture (PIP) support
- A new graphical interface for adding key bindings
- Support single file loop
- Allow adjusting override level for ASS styles
- Add option for subtitle position
- Add option for subtitle blur and letter spacing
- Display chapter number for BD files
- New translations: French, Italian
- Support old Mac models and improve stability on Hackintosh
- Stop terminating app on MPV command error (like wrong key binding)
- Avoid saving empty extra mpv options
- Add basic checking when loading key binding files
- Increase default cache size to 150M
- DMG installation, signed App
- Fix space key not working sometimes
- Fix unexpected quit on launch (experimental)
- Avoid adding duplicated subtitles
- Fix "show chapter in progress bar" not work
- Fix unchecking "resume playback" not work
- Fix "show remaining time" not work on launch
- Fix 1px bottom border sometimes
- Fix no transaltion for subtitle downloading
- Other minor fixes
v0.0.4 Jan. 30, 2017
- Update to mpv 0.23.0
- New rendering mechanism
- More smooth window resizing experience
- Fix high CPU consumption
- Support macOS 10.10
- Add file icons
- Localization for German, Korean and Traditional Chinese
- Support choosing audio device
- Support S/PDIF output
- Support displaying subtitles in letterbox (full screen only)
- Support setting subtitle position
- Support setting subtitle scaling with window
- Support saving downloaded subtitles to video directory
- **Support displaying remaining time **
- Changed "clear playlist" button icon
- Allow device sleep when media paused
- Support setting max volume
- Show an open file panel when there's no window and clicked dock icon
- Display localized font name
- Clear recent files when unchecked option
- Fix: Crash when buffering
- Fix: Letterboxes are not black in full screen
- Fix: Incorrect resolution when opening video in full screen
- Fix: Inaccurate seek time preview label
- Fix: Fullscreen button changes to zoom when window floating on top
- Fix: IINA's window disappears in Mission Control when window floating on top
v0.0.3 Jan. 21, 2017
- AutoLayout for all interfaces
- Prepared for localization
- Add full simplified Chinese localization
- Redesigned on screen controller
- Support Resuming last playback position
- Support customizing mouse right click action
- Add "Hide OSC" as (default) mouse click action
- Add "Always on top while playing" option
- Support playing pure audio files
- Fix almost all crashes on launch
- Fix incorrect window behavior in multiple screen environment
- Fix OSC not hiding when launched or switched to fullscreen
- Fix cannot switch subtitle from menu after chosen second subtitle
- Use system provided customize touch bar menu item
- Disable auto tabbing completely
- Fix fullscreen menu item not updated
- Fix pause menu item not updated
- Fix forced enabling media key on launch
- Informative alert for error setting extra option
- Do not show time preview by accident when dragging OSC
- Move check update to main menu
v0.0.2 Jan. 12, 2017
- Add: Force Touch support for changing speed (like QuickTime)
- Change: time position label now have a fixed width
- Fix: custom input configurations not working
- Add: an IINA default key binding
- Fix: some shortcuts not compatible with system
- Fix: volume slider not changing when changed volume from menu
- Fix: volume menu items should be +/- 5%
- Add: support scroll wheel on external mouse
- Add: support natural scroll
- Fix: single click action also performed when double clicking
- Add: Download subtitles automatically from
shooter.cn. (We would like to support opensubtitles, however their API is rather complicated and requires some registration stuff, so it will be added later in 0.0.3.)
- Change: support playback position in milliseconds
- Change: better performance for very short videos
- Change: stop using negative values for slow speed
- Change: also cycle "1x" when press arrow buttons for changing speed
- Fix: high CPU usage when idle
- Fix: high CPU usage when open file from playlist
- Fix: force using dedicated GPU when playing (allow using integrated GPUs)
- Add: Check update automatically
- Add: An initial open file window (Optional, available in Preference-General-Behavior)
- Add: option for whether keep window open when playback finished
- Add: prevent sleeping / entering screen saver while playing
- Fix: crash when mpv shuts down internally (support pressing 'q' to quit)
- Fix: 80% of random crashs when open file from dock or Finder
- Fix: recent files not remembered when open from dock or Finder
- Fix: no alpha option in color panels
- Fix: need to expand
~in mpv config directory
- Change: better dragging performance on 10.11+
- Add: support dragging & drop subtitle / video files in window to open them
- Fix: floating on top will disable all standard buttons (traffic lights)
- Fix: unable to enter fullscreen when floating on top
- Change: change shortcut for fullscreen to
- Fix: video duration in OSC does not update in fullscreen
- Add: synchronize mpv's fullscreen status with IINA's fullscreen (support pressing 'f' to enter fullscreen)
- Fix: some observers never being removed
- Fix: mpv_report_flip not being called correctly
- Add: nightly builds availeble from http://raw.mrx.im. It builds from
developbranch so please don't even expect it will launches normally. It's not signed.
- Add: add CONTRIBUTING.md
- Fix: typos and grammar problems
- Fix: trailing spaces
- Change: update some config files
- Change: refactor some util scripts
v0.0.1 Jan. 3, 2017
- First release.